On this podcast episode, Dr. Melanie Watkins offers general mental health tips that can benefit everyone. Try a few of these tips right now!
These tips are solely Dr. Melanie Watkins’ opinion. This podcast episode and all of the podcast episodes by Dr. Melanie Watkins do not replace or provide medical treatment or consultation. You need to seek treatment with a licensed mental health professional in your area to get input on your individual situation. This podcast is based on Dr. Melanie Watkins’ own experiences and training.
Dr. Melanie Watkins does offer mental health coaching and career consultation. You can go to clarity.fm/mwatkinsmd to learn more. “Dr. Mel” is also on periscope, twitter, and blab @MWatkinsMD.
Summary of Episode 004: Practical Ways to Put Your Mental Health First
On this podcast episode, 004, Dr. Melanie Watkins discusses practical ways to put your mental health first!
- Go for a 5 minute walk or a 5 minute stretch
- Say YES to what is good for you.
- Say NO to what isn’t.
- Remember “NO” is a complete sentence
- Give a compliment to someone or for yourself.
- Do something nice for someone or for yourself.
- Prioritize the top 3 goals for the day, the rest can wait.
- Delegate what tasks you can, NOW.
- Listen to soothing music or nature sounds
- Think of 3 things you are grateful for right NOW
- Watch a movie
- Say a prayer
- Say a mantra “I am well” “I am blessed”
- Smile more often
- Don’t stay stuck in your story!
- Find healthy outlets
- Get more sleep
- Have fun like a kid!